Coding Interview Preparation – The Softer Skills
40-50% of interviewees fail their software engineering interviews for non technical reasons. Don’t let yourself be one of them!
This course will teach you about each step of the process and how to prepare for each of them along with the soft skills needed to impress your interviewer and crush every coding interview.
- Learn to differentiate between different types of interviews and how to approach them (i.e. behavioral, white board/coding questions, take home challenges, refactoring, system design, etc.)
- Learn how to organize your interview prep material and company communication
- Learn what you should research when preparing for a specific job
- Complete a self analysis activity to prepare yourself to answer popular traditional and culture fit interview questions
- Develop stories so you have a response to any type of behavioral question
- Be given the steps you should take anytime you get asked a white boarding question
- Create a list of questions to bring to your interview
If your ready to feel confident going into each and every interview and land you dream job, this course is for you!
Here is a review from the first student to complete my course:
“WOW. For how relatively short this course is (a few hours), it has everything I was looking for and much more. Katelyn explains everything with clear, concise real-world examples. There are a lot of great pdf’s to download with each section of the course that are super useful; checklists, exercises, common questions, etc. Just fantastic. What’s even more awesome is there’s a whole section of the course devoted to the technical part of the interview. I liked how there were exercises to do along the way that can be used and stored for your own interviews/interview prep. In addition I really liked how there were some hints/examples of things you could say in response to some of the questions in the exercises to help get your creative juices going, extremely helpful. Overall a fantastic and invaluable course I would recommend to anyone.” – Justin H.